Events & Workshops
MSE Training Sponsored by Southpaw
October 7-8. 2016
Southpaw MSE Showroom
2350 Dryden Road
Moraine, OH 45439
Southpaw MSE has created a new state-of-the-art showroom highlighting our equipment and is sponsoring an MSE Basic Training course at our facility in Moraine, OH. Training is designed to give the participant "Core Concepts," leading to the understanding and practice of a Multi-Sensory Dynamic Systems Approach. The courses and requirements will be geared to giving the student the knowledge and experience necessary to have a solid foundation in the Multi-Sensory Dynamic Systems Technique.
Linda Messbauer, MA, OTR/L, or an Experienced Certified Trainer from AAMSE, will conduct the training courses. Linda is one of the world's leading experts on Multi-Sensory Environments. She has over 30 years' experience and was the first person to create a Snoezelen/MSE room in the United States. Her mission is to assist organizations, groups and individuals who wish to utilize Multi-Sensory Environments to provide treatment and quality care to the people they serve. Linda is a recognized international trainer and founding member of the American Association of Multi-Sensory Environments.
- Understand basic complex neural networks of the brain and their impact on the use of MSE with people with special needs
- Understand interfering stress and its detrimental effects on the human being in relation to age, state and quality of life as it impacts our memory ability to focus and to attend
- Understand the relaxation process and how the MSE can reverse and prevent the detrimental effects of stress by using the joy/pleasure response
- Understand the use of changing arousal to facilitate attention and focus
- Understand and be able to demonstrate setting up MSE equipment protocols and basic sensory diets
- Develop, understand and write specific individualized outcome measurement strategies
A Certificate of Attendance with contact hours will be awarded upon completion of the MSE Basic Training course.